My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

I want to be a student forever ... but onLy if I receive an aLLowance.



View blog authority
Entredropper










free counters





Locations of visitors to this page


 

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Add to netvibes

Subscribe in Bloglines











Your Ad Here








SOFIA BELLEVUE

Dare To Be Bold In The Tour Of Hope 2009

HAVAIANAS: Are you originaL?

Tweens Unite Against Boredom with Tang Fruit Teaz

Hotspots Revealed

Yummy Crepes and Cream

Shoot Out HPV!!! Every woman deserves a chance aga...

Fun and Fine Dining at Sakae Sushi

Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta and Parmesan-Cruste...

Launching of the Coalition For The Deserving





Adaphobic
Ang Sa Wari Ko
All About Life
April Heart
Being Myself
Budget Shopping Galore
Dear Me
Did You Know That!
Discovering Pinas
Doodles are artworks, right?
Earthlingorgeous
Eat. Drink. Dance. (Reapeat)
Empowered Mom
Enjoy Life To The Fullest
Epistaxis
Filipina Writes The Best Pinay Blog Ever
Flipflopping My Way Around Town
Foodie Station
Hiraya: Endless Story
Hot News Alert
Just Jhosel
Just The Tip Of The Iceberg
Kitchen Recipes by Chelle
Lagawan
Let's Talk Your Head Off
Life on a Pencil
Living The Expat's Life
Lizzieness
McShutterLovin
Mekinudolsoup
Memoirs of a Pinay in America
Music Picks
Musings of a Vicks Inhaling Man
My Gossip Girl
Pinay Ads
Phillipine Travel Promos
Places, People, Events, Good Food And My Life
Random Thoughts
Samantha's Own
Shed Life
Simply ME
Stardust
Style and Relax
The Accidental Teacher Meets The Daydream Believer
The Buzz Today
The Life of a Breadwinner
The Trixie Ison Blog
Timawa
World Buzz Today






Blogger

Finalsense

Google

Yahoo






My BlogCatalog BlogRank
Join Pinay Bloggers' Forum
blogarama - the blog directory
Pinoy Bloggers Society (PBS) PinoyBlogoSphere.com
Travel & Leisure - Top Blogs Philippines
Pinoy-Blogs.com
Philippines Blog Directory
Travel Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
Travel Blogs - Blog Top Sites
Join My Community at MyBloglog!




Plurk.com

Your Ad Here



CHOWKING Wanton Noodles with WIRE

Wednesday, March 25, 2009
If i zipped my mouth about my horrible experience before in one of the leading fast-food chains, this time I won't. Another awful experience has happened in another fast-food chain. The last time, I saw a cockroach in my drink, now it's a one inch wire from a strainer.

I got back from an event in Mandarin Hotel at about 2am in the morning when I stopped by Chowking MCU to eat. I ordered my favorite wanton noodles with iced tea. I even asked the cashier for spicy wanton noodles but they ran out of it. The cashier suggested to give me chili paste to add to my noodles. So be it.

While waiting for my order, I sent a message to my friend Abbie around 2:05am that I have arrived in our area but I'm dropping by Chowking because I was hungry. We actually wanted to eat at Chowking Cubao since I wanted some hot soup. But it was really late so the plan didn't push through. I headed on to MCU while she in Cubao. When my wanton noodles arrived, I mixed the chili paste in my soup. I sipped the soup first then the noodles. When I was on my third sip, I observed that there's a wire mixed in my soup. At first, I thought it was a staple wire so I took it out and was surprised to see how long the wire was.

It was a thin wire from a strainer! I immediately called for a staff while all of the store crew were currently eating together - the cashiers, the waiters, security guard and the store manager. One waiter approached me and I showed him the wire that was swimming in my soup. He immediately took the bowl from me and showed it to the store manager who was sitting with the crew at the farthest table. When the manager looked at my bowl, he stood up, took the bowl from the waiter and went straight to the kitchen.

I waited a long time for an explanation and an apology from the manager who was still in the kitchen. I know that he was going to replace what I ordered with a new one so I told them that I want to have it refunded instead of a replacement. I'm not going to eat another serving because I lost my appetite. So the cashier called the store manager and that was the first time that he approached me and said sorry for the incident. He also said and confirmed that the wire mixed in my soup was from a strainer in their kitchen. I told the manager "What if I didn't see the wire and I accidentally ate it? It was a long wire and it could've caused my death!" The manager could only utter sorry and offered to give me the wanton soup for replacement that is free of charge. I told him that I lost my appetite and could not take another wanton soup after the incident. So he gave me a refund.

The manager, who I felt wasn't sincere with his apology, didn't approach me immediately after looking at my soup with a one-inch wire but went straight to the kitchen instead. It just goes to show that he is covering up the incident so the food chain won't be liable for damages. A responsible store manager doesn't hide in the kitchen when a food incident occurs in his store. A responsible store manager has to approach the customer immediately after the incident to explain everything that happened and to answer questions from the customer. If the cashier didn't call for him, he would've stayed inside the kitchen. The store manager only showed up when the cashier called for him to have my payment refunded. He didn't even tell me his name. I found out later that his name was "TOPHER" when he used his ID to swipe and cancel the order in the POS. That was the only time he said sorry for the incident and didn't say it again.

I want these food chains to be responsible and alert in these situations. Food must be prepared with care. The quality of the food is more important than the quantity produced.

I also want to point out that these store managers don't know how to resolve the problem in an effective way. Customer service is an important factor in the food business. It's the customer who keep the business going. I hope these fast-food chain could learn a lesson or two from this incident.


27 Comments:

naku. nkakatakot nmn un. buti d k napano... tsk. dapat careful sila. iwas n nga muna ako sa chowking.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:25:00 AM  

katakot naman talaga kung makain mo yung wire eh..

buti nakita mo agad..

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:28:00 AM  

sa sobrang fast non food nalimutan na ang quality. chowking, hoy gising!!!!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:45:00 AM  

aba tita pumayag ka na ganun lang? sana kinuhanan mo na muna yung soup ng pix sa celfon mo para maipakita mo sa media or kahit sa mga pulis dahil bawal yan...kase kung nalunok mo yung wire, ewan ko sayo kung di ka magkaroon ng pagkakagastusan or baka nga ikamatay mo pa yon...

yung store manager naman, salbahe rin ano? siguro dahil nakuha nya na sayo ang ebidensya kaya ganun ang trato nya sayo..kaya dapat napiktyuran mo yung soup..sayang

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:34:00 AM  

kung ako nag luto ok lang pero pag iba yung nag luto kukunin ko yung wire tapos ipapalunok ko sa kanya tapos sasabihin ko "masakit noh? ganyan sana nangyari saken kung di ko pa nakita ang wire na nilagay mo sa susnod mag ingat ka ha?." banatan kita jan eh.. hehehehe yun ang gagawin ko... at sa manager di talaga ako aalis hangat di ko xa mapagalitan ng bongang bonga, ayaw nya humarap ng maayos eh! dapat inaway mo cla ng to the max. heheheh

kaya ayaw ko ng chowking eh! haaaayyyyyzzzz... sulat ba to?. ang haba!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:53:00 AM  

girl, it happened to us too but not on my orders....chowking, Limketkai, CDO...kasama namin na bata kumakain ng halo halo...tapos, he spit something coz he said it tasted soooo funny, when we look at, it is a cockroach....the aunt wanted was infuriated so, the manager approach and said sorry as usual andof course, they change the item for free...now, we have a friend at that time na connected to Chowking in another location, we complain that matter,and she immediately called that store ... reprimand the incharge of that store too...i don't know what happen from then on because I fly to the US...

the thing is, it is always Chowking....what you had is really serious...next time, take a picture...document it and complain to the higher authority in Chowking

Hoping they read your blog...ingatz

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:19:00 AM  

that is way too dangerous...
I don't really like eating at chowking, for one, I don't like the taste of their food. masarap pa ang maggi o quick chow noodles. questionable din sa akin yung cleanliness nila. yung conggee nila, parang dog food, kasi di appealing tingnan.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:07:00 AM  

buti na lang hindi mo pa nakain kasi manipis yun. Sayang di mo nakuhanan ng picture. Sabi nila pag may evidence bibilhin nila agad para hindi kumalat.

Medyo nabobu on the spot nga ang manager

thanks for the visit sa aking site

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:49:00 AM  

naku! grabe naman yan... naalala ko tuloy ung kaklase ko nung elem, nakalunok ng aspile.

buti di mo nakain ung wire...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:49:00 AM  

naku buti hindi mo nakain. delikado yan!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:51:00 AM  

wow. human error. pero dapat harapin nila
ng maayos

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:55:00 AM  

Buti na lang nakita mo kaagad!!
Chowking talaga!!Horrible!!!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:08:00 AM  

next time take pictures...di na talaga safe kumain sa labas

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:54:00 AM  

grabe lola, bat lagi ka nabibiktima ng mga ganyan. but i di ka napaano.i still remember yung kwento mo about cockroach in another fast food, tapos eto na naman.haaay, sa sobrang gustong pataasin ang sales, nakakalimutan na nila ang quality...too bad. :(

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:02:00 AM  

Hay naku, chowking strikes again. 2 years ago, yung order ko na halo-halo, may paa ng ipis, eeek! Kaya nga ingat na ingat na ako pag kumakain sa Chowking, minsan inoorder ko na lang siopao o kaya siomai para safe. You should email them.

OT: From Caloocan ka ba?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:42:00 AM  

haha.. next to Mcdo :)) what's in for the third time? :P

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:39:00 AM  

hala!baka ang mangyari sayo, di ka na makakain sa mga fastfood restaurants na gusto mo. ikalawa na to, diba? so di ka na rin kakain sa chowking? magnet ka yata sa mga ganitong disasters, naobserve ko lang.

very irresponsible naman ng mga fastfood restaurants na yan. mag-ingat na sana sila at wag na maulit kahit kelan.

in fairness, ok ang edit ko no? :D

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:53:00 PM  

whoa. haha my friend once ate chao fan and said she found pubic hair in it. i never knew kung totoo. lol

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:13:00 PM  

yak! seryoso ba to?! yak!

Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:25:00 PM  

ang pinagtataka ko lang is bakit pag disoras (about 11pm - 4am) nagakakaganito ang chowking. do you remeber the coffee incident in chowking divisoria. sorry nalang sila at taga media outfit ang victim.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:26:00 PM  

alam ko na kung bakit may wire!,,kc wala ng cockroach! hehe

Friday, March 27, 2009 2:33:00 AM  

Hi there,

This is a great blog of yours. Your site is very informative and I can relate to your posts. I'm also a Pinay and now living abroad. I have just started my own blog: TheShanghaiExpat. Please feel free to visit and let me know what you think for a link exchange.

Cheers,
Nikou

Saturday, March 28, 2009 3:41:00 PM  

dapat inireklamo mo mismo sa dun sa complaint hotline nla para sure na makakarating sa admin.

http://fjordz-hiraya.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:17:00 PM  

ew..buti nlang sis nakita mo. u know what i have a friend na HRM, Nag OJT daw xa b4 sa mga fastfood and sa lahat daw ng fastfood CHOWKING daw pinaka marumi ang kitchen. Bagsak daw sa cleanliness, as in super duper daw. sabi pa nga nya if possible avoid daw kami eat sa chowking.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:17:00 PM  

hi sis grabe naman experienced mo sa chowking. buti na lang nakita mo kaagad yung wire. mahirap talaga kumain sa labas kasi di natin nakikita kung paano nila niluluto.

Thursday, April 02, 2009 6:06:00 AM  

Ewwwww! Scary buti nakita mo ung wire, sometimes ung mga careless kasi na crew ginagawa yan eh.

Earthlingorgeous

Thursday, April 02, 2009 8:19:00 AM  

hi sis...kailangan na atang ispeksyunin ang sanitation ng chowking..if i'm not mistaken sa divisoria branch..may nabalita something abt sa food nila..na marumi.tsktsk

ingatz sis

Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


glitter-graphics.com